19 January, 2009

Posting has been few and far between...

Hi all,

Passions are interesting things. We all have them. They seem to end up being our focus whether we know it or not. I know that my focus in general has been on wedding plans and basketball. These are things that have their purpose in my life right now.

I had a good evening tonight. I find that I have a hard time getting as much done as I'd like to. But in general things are good. Christina and I have been through a lot in the last couple months. Learning more and more about each other. Realizing that our plans are not always God's plans. It's tough to go through hard times when things seem to be going wrong constantly and the only way to get through is to let God be in the forefront of our minds.

When you go a while without expressing yourself in blog form it can be difficult to think outside of your head. I find it very difficult basically b/c of the work environment I have. I spend a lot of time on AIM but not a lot of time in person or on the phone. I think in some ways I'm hurting from lack of contact outside of friends/church and Christina. But when I reflect, I do find that I spend a decent amount of time in contact with other people. I even want more time to myself than I think I need. It's easy to get a little catacomb in my apartment and engulf yourself in well...yourself. It's not healthy. I think the main reason it's not healthy is that whenever we give ourselves too much time to reflect/over-think things, we have a tendency to be weird.

I don't know if a lot of this makes sense but I'm glad that I have human interaction as much as I do and I do look forward to being able to experience more friendships and relationships in the years to come. With whom I can share life with and share my love for Christ.

Thanks for listening to the babbling of a "work from home" designer. I promise to be more clear next time. Lord-willing.

Matt

No comments: